In days gone by, it was almost immoral to consider plastic surgery as a means to fighting the physical signs of aging. With the price of surgery coming down considerably and the modern woman embracing her right to preserve her physical beauty as she pleases, older Australian women are now turning to plastic surgery in droves. Here are 5 of the more common plastic surgery procedures they’re undertaking:
- Breast Lift – As we age, our skin loses its elasticity and women over 40 particularly, start to see a change in their breasts. From perky and firm, to saggy and drooping. Even if you’ve had breast implants and a lift in your 20’s and 30’s you often can’t escape sagging boobs in your later years. With a beach close to most major cities in Australia, women here spend a lot of time at the beach (particularly once the nest is empty for mums). It’s easy then, to see why this surgery is in such high demand.
- Liposuction – We here in Australia love to indulge in a good meal. When you’re young and energetic, it’s not such a problem. As you get into your 40’s and beyond though, your metabolism slows, and it can be really difficult to move fat off the belly, love handles and hips/buttocks. Liposuction is a fast way to remove fat deposits from these specific parts of your body and is an attractive option for older Australian women.
- Eyelid Lift – Australia has some of the harshest UV rays on the planet. Even women who have only spent an average amount of time out in the sun in Australia can see a substantial loss in their skin’s elasticity and sagging around their eyes in their mature years. For this reason, eyelid plastic surgery is a popular option for older Australian women. Surgeons lift the eyelids by removing excess skin, and for such a small, simple procedure, it dramatically improves the youthful appearance of your face.
- Browlift -Women over 40 start to look at getting a permanent browlift as their botox treatments become less and less effective over time. It’s not that the botox isn’t working; it’s that your skin in all the areas surrounding your eyebrows is now losing elasticity bought on faster by Australia’s harsh sun. Relaxing the muscles is no longer enough to give you those high arched youthful eyebrows. A Browlift is a minor procedure that much like the eyelid lift, has a dramatic effect on how youthful you appear and is usually very reasonably priced.
- Abdominoplasty – The medical term for what most call a “tummy tuck” this procedure not only removes fat, but it also removes excess skin, thinning and firming the abdomen. Women who have really struggled with their weight and gained a lot will often opt for this procedure because they have stretched their skin and need skin to be in addition to fat to get a flat tummy. This is quite an intrusive surgery, and so we recommend that you consider a surgeon in Sydney where most of the more prominent and talented plastic surgeons are set up.
If you’re an Australian woman over the age of 40 looking to do something more permanent to improve your appearance, these are some of the most popular procedures your countrywomen are getting done . They are indeed a good place to start if you’re considering plastic surgery.