When we talk about hair fall we often mix it with hair loss. However, there is a difference between the terms. In thecase of hair fall, new hair often takes place of the fallen ones but in thecase of hair loss, the effect is mostly permanent. Both have some similar causes while the treatments are different. The treatments for hair fall mainly include some simple remedies and precautions. In thecase of acute hair loss, you may have to undergo hair transplant surgery to get that perfect look back.
Factors causing hair fall
There are many reasons which may cause excessive hair fall. In general, the life cycle of the hair is between 3 to 5 years in which all the hair on the head gets replaced by new ones. In many cases, due to excessive hair fall and low regeneration of new hair causes bald spots. The reasons may include stress, hormonal disorder, side effects of medication, acute disease, fungal infection, malnutrition, lack of sleep, use of chemical based hair products and many others.
- If you are suffering from excessive hair fall, you should take some precautions to reduce the effects.
- Keep your hair clean. Dirty hair attracts infections and it may cause hair fall.
- Take theproper diet and include important nutrients required for healthy skin and hair.
- Avoid any chemical based products for your hair.
- Do not try hair styles that require pulling up your hair.
- Avoid blow-drying your hair on regular basis.
- Avoid combing the wet hair.
Myths related to hair fall
- People generally believe that hereditary hair fall comes from mother’s side. However, the genetic reasons can occur from any or both parent’s side.
- It is a popular myth that washing hair with cold water helps in avoiding hair fall. It is completely untrue. Cold water helps in blood circulation but it has nothing to do with hair fall.
- People believe that regular brushing or combing the hair may prevent hair fall. Again it may help in improving blood circulation but it does not help in reducing hair fall.
Hair Fall Treatments
First, let’s talk about some home remedies to reduce hair fall.
- Take proper sleep and try meditation to reduce stress. It is a major factor which causes hair fall and if you reduce the stress, the situation will definitely get better.
- Prefer to get a regular soft head massage. You can use warm coconut oil, olive oil, mustard oil etc. mixed with some essential oils. It will help in providing strength to the roots and also help in improving blood circulation which in end helps in reducing stress.
- Neem is a natural medicine. You can apply its paste or boil the leaves in water and wash hair with it.
- Make sure to take a proper diet that includes all important nutrients like vitamins and minerals. This will help in improving the hair condition.
In case you are suffering from acute hair fall, you can consult with a doctor to reverse the effects. There are many treatments available such as:
- Richfeel TST+ which is a revolutionary treatment for hair fall. It helps in three ways that are Disinfection, Detoxification, and Rejuvenation of the hair follicles.
- Another treatment is Anagrow which is a hair thinning treatment. Thin hair is more prone to damage. Institutes like Richfeel helps in reversing the effects.
Hair is an integral part of human behavior and they provide confidence. It is always better to avoid any reasons that may cause hair fall. If you are suffering from acute hair fall it is better to consult a doctor as soon as possible.